Bengalore, October 04, 2018
Ladies and gentlemen,
1. I am delighted to be present at the inaugural of SMART ASIA India Expo & Summit, which is aptly timed as the Governments are working at developing smart solutions based on digital technologies to overcome challenges and problems in citizen-centric areas.
2. The event which will showcase thousands of smart city solutions in the field of transportation, energy, waste water management etc., would be very useful to the participants, industry, Municipalities and public utilities.
3. Government of India has chosen Belagavi, Davangere, Hubballi-Dharwad, Mangaluru, Shivamogga and Tumakuru cities in Karnataka for developing them as smart cities.
4. The technology to be showcased at the Smart Asia Expo by the Taiwanese companies would help in developing smart city solutions for the entire urban eco-system of these cities.
5. Karnataka is a leader in technology-driven industries, which have pioneered new technologies and transformed the technology map of Bengaluru.
6. From being hub of software and outsourcing activities to developing technologies in Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Robotics, Machine Intelligence, Blockchain, IoT, etc., Bengaluru is driving the digital transformation.
7. Government of Karnataka continues to design policies and schemes in alignment with the grand vision for Karnataka as a global technology leader and a pioneer in driving inclusive growth. Technologies such as Med-tech and Agri-tech are being adopted towards the goal of inclusive growth.
8. Karnataka is a pioneer in launching industry-specific policies for sectors such as, Information Technology, Aerospace & Defence, Startups, Animation & Gaming, Biotechnology and Electronic Systems Design and Manufacturing, which are directed towards development of these industries and to fuel investments within the state.
9. State Government has, this year, announced that a new program would be launched for protection of intellectual property rights. Government is also considering a legal framework through establishment of Karnataka Innovation Authority for shielding innovative ideas which may otherwise not see light of the day due to the regulations in force.
10. The State Government has developed a framework for innovation engagements with global leaders. As part of our Government-to-Government strategic relationships, we have signed MoUs with some countries to facilitate exchange of technologies. Under the Global Innovation Alliances initiative we have signed MoUs with Hsinchu Science Park and Central Taiwan Science Park in July this year, for promotion of bilateral exchanges in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Robotics.
11. Taiwan is also developing a Science and Technology Park in Bengaluru, which would be modeled on Taiwanese Science Parks. Wistron, Foxcon, TSMC, Mediatek are some of the high-tech companies from Hsinchu Science Park which have already set up production lines and offices in Bengaluru. State Government has invited the Science and Technology Minister of Taiwan, Dr. Chen Liang-gee, to be our distinguished guest at the inaugural of Bengaluru Tech Summit 2018 on 29th November, 2018.
12. I would welcome smart solutions to ease traffic congestion in Bengaluru and reducing environmental pollution, optimum utilization of scarce water, establishment of water reactors etc., in the State which will go a long way in easing the life of citizens. Government is open to ideas which will provide solutions to the said problems in Bengaluru and other growing cities of the State.
13. I extend my heartfelt good wishes to the organizers, participants, delegates, exhibitors and all stakeholders of the Smart Asia event.
Thank you one and all.